Isle of Man
Our Client is growing fast and is currently seeking to engage the services of a Part Qualified Accountant for their offices in the Isle of Man. We’re looking for someone who is able to provide core bookkeeping, accounting and basic day to day finance support to the Group, underpinning accurate and timely financial reporting. You will be handling day to day operational aspects supporting the Management Accountant in the delivery of central finance and HR services to the Group. Developing and maintaining a “can-do” culture; wherein central finance supports operational staff to be commercially aware, fully focused and able to meet efficiency targets. You will also ensure Central Finance contributes effectively to Boston Group’s overall mission through the growth and quality of its corporate service provision.
Other Key Accountabilities include:
1. Day to day management and posting of general, sales and purchase ledgers together with any necessary reconciliations, including but not limited to:
a. Entering invoices and credit notes in an accurate and timely manner;
b. Supplier payments;
c. Processing supplier bookkeeping;
d. Processing staff expense claim forms.
2. Assisting the Management Accountant with the production of all management accounts, including but not limited to:
a. Prepare and reconcile income reports;
b. Prepare and reconcile control reports;
c. Managing accruals and prepayments;
d. Prepare financial reports for board meetings.
3. Assisting the Management Accountant with the production of statutory financial statements, including but not limited to:
a. Prepare and submit quarterly VAT returns;
b. Prepare and submit annual financial statements and corresponding tax returns;
c. Assist in the preparation of quarterly Financial Resources Return;
d. Assist with audits.
4. Provide Directors/senior management/teams with answers to ad hoc requests for financial analysis;
5. Assisting the Management Accountant with project work and also undertaking ad-hoc project work on behalf of the Management Accountant;
6. Deputising for the Management Accountant when requested;
7. Use the best judgement to highlight and report significant matters that require the attention of the Management Accountant.
Based in the capital, Douglas, their modern and spacious head offices are conveniently located and offer the option of designated parking for those commuting from the country. The rooftop terrace is popular with staff, offering excellent views of the bay and a quiet spot for lunch or just a quick break.
The Isle of Man is an English speaking island nestled between the UK & Ireland. As the 8th richest country in the world it takes less than an hour’s flight (with operators including EasyJet and British Airways) from the entertainment and shopping of London. The island offers a remarkable quality of life with short commutes, high salaries, low domestic tax rates, a rich Celtic heritage, and a passionate outdoor pursuits community.
Recently named a ‘UNESCO world biosphere’, the island is simply stunning, with beautiful hills, glens, and beaches. With an extremely diverse economy which includes many of the world’s largest e-gaming companies, it has 83,000 residents, many of which have purposely chosen to relocate there. With unemployment at 1% and crime rate even lower it’s easy to see why this green and friendly Island is nicknamed the ‘Gem of the Irish sea’.
By clicking ‘submit’ you consent to your information being retained by Boston Group Limited in electronic format and shared solely with its global subsidiaries for the purposes of marketing, research, and sales related communications. Your information will be held in strict confidence and will only be passed to selected clients for the purposes of securing new employment and with your express consent. You will be added to relevant mailing lists but may unsubscribe at any point should you wish to do so.