- Experience of Java/Kotlin, Spring Framework & Spring Boot
- Comfortable in a Linux environment
- Previous experience or willing to learn AWS
As an online gaming studio, the software is the heart of their business. My client strives to create a safe, engaging and unparalleled player experience. They research, experiment, and iterate. The mission: to build a product and an organisation that puts the experience first, delivering high-quality games players love while enabling their people to be productive and creative without unnecessary disturbances.Opportunity to work in Sunny Malta, or work remotely with frequent travel to the Mediterranean island
What you will do:
- Build scalable, highly-available, robust systems and ensure their continuous delivery.
- Work on the current gaming platform built using DDD, CQRS techniques and microservice architecture.
- Work as part of a cluster and within an Agile cross-functional team.
- Take full ownership of features and code, from the inception of ideas to deployment, maintenance and keeping it running; i.e. You build it, you ship it, you own it.
- Become a member of our backend engineering culture, learning from other talented people, and sharing your own knowledge.
- Engineer new features at scale in a fresh codebase without legacy code.
- Maintain, grow and ship code in Docker daily to our AWS cloud infrastructure.
- As part of the team, you will participate in technical discussions. You should be ready to challenge our architecture, propose changes, and ultimately implement them. We believe in rapid iteration and always using the right tool for the job.
Examples of projects you’d be working on:
- New integrations with gaming operators which allows us to have our games on the screens of as many players as possible.
- Make scaling of the platform painless by leveraging a cloud infrastructure in AWS.
- Awesome new promotional and engagement features for our games such as jackpots, tournaments and scratch cards.
- A plethora of new apps and processes to support our expansion into new regulated markets and evolving regulatory requirements.
- New infrastructure projects to scale our event-based systems and make them more robust and scalable.
Who we are looking for:
- Someone who possesses demonstrated practical knowledge of Java/Kotlin, Spring Framework, and Spring Boot. Other languages are a plus.
- You have some experience with transaction-heavy, distributed systems, messaging, microservices and relational databases.
- You have prior knowledge or are willing to learn the tools in AWS.
- Experience in DevOps is nice to have: Docker, Jenkins, AWS and other cloud technologies.
- Feels very comfortable in a Linux environment and working with tools like Git.
- Appreciates the concepts and principles underlying open-source culture and good software development practices.
- Previous experience is the gambling industry is not required but preferable.