We are on the hunt for a Financial Controller and Executive Director for an International (US based) Payments company to be an integral part of their UK Entity. Ideally you'll be working remotely most of the week with commitments to the office for at least one of the days. You will have a number of years working within a Payments company and be a qualified Accountant. Job Summary:
- London based Financial Controller for a Payments Company
- Reporting to Group Executives in USA
- Must have previous experience working in a Payments enviroment
The Financial Controller will have extensive, proven experience and knowledge in transaction processing, management of payments, and the online payments industry.
Possessing a background in Financial Services, in particular Payment Services, you’ll be establishing a Finance Management and Accounting function for the newly incorporated UK based European business division of a payment specialist established in the US for 20-years. You will also be responsible for ensuring a culture of compliant financial accounting within the UK entity.
The company will be a Payment Institution and is in a period of growth and transformation that will see it establish itself as a leading, dynamic FinTech company.
Definitely a hands-on role, you will adopt a consultative approach and work closely with the senior management, across global business divisions to implement and manage the high volume of transactions and work with the business to report on finances at monthly, quarterly and yearly milestones. Key Job Responsibilities
- Act as an Executive Director, ensuring that the firm has the right structure, people and strategy.
- Deliver clean numbers with insightful narrative.
- Managing the accounting, tax (indirect and direct takes)
- Financial reporting to regulators and the Board
- Build a strategic partnership with the commercial business.
- Maintain a liquidity profile to support operational ambition.
- Ensure that all the company's financial practices are in line with statutory regulations and legislation.
Highlight risks and opportunities to the UK FRRC.
Key Skills required
- Interface with group finance team in the United States of America and Malta
- Production of board and other reports
- Budgeting and forecasting/cashflow management and forecasting
- Managing audits
- Maintenance and improvement of systems and controls
- Ad-hoc analysis and modelling.
- Member of several internal Committees
- Working with the global senior management team to ensure that the UK entity contributes positively to the groups financial vision, mission and long-term goals
- Any other tasks assigned by the Board
- Proven experience as a Finance Controller, ideally in an international fintech / high growth business.
- Chartered Accountant with 5+ years PQE.
- Ability to thrive within a fast paced, ever changing, hands on SME environment that is founder led.
- A positive, inspirational leadership style and commitment to driving a high-performance culture.
- A curious mind and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Previously approved with the FCA would be considered an asset.
- Annual Salary - £80K-£120K
- 25 days holidays + public holidays
- Private healthcare – price dependant on age
- Death in Service/Life assurance – Price dependant on salary and insurance costs (amount payable out - 3 times annual salary)
- Pension contribution - 8% (employee pays 5%, Client pays 3%)
- Annual salary increases of up to 5%, based on performance and/or the company’s discretion
- Optional working from home up to 4 days a week (unless visitors or onsite visits are expected), with flexible hours to ensure overlap with relevant stakeholders in the US
- Mobile phone on contract