- A leading international firm providing insurance & reinsurance solutions
- Act as a Director of the Group's European offices
- Attractive compensation package
The job holder will be a Director of the Group's European offices and will report into a regional CEO in London. In addition, they will be on the Group's Management Committee. The job holder will have a number of direct reports, including a Chief Underwriter, Compliance Manager and Audit Manager. Initially, the role will focus on the set up of the office, establishing relations with key regulators, underwriters and brokers. In the longer term, the job holder will help to grow the brand within Europe and expand its book of business across all appropriate classes.
This role will need to be approved by the Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA).Key Responsibilities:
- Being the brand ambassador of the Group in Europe;
- Contributing to Group strategy;
- Identifying and sourcing business opportunities and ventures suitable for achieving corporate goals and objectives;
- Building and sustaining our Client's market position by locating, developing, negotiating and closing business deals;
- Assessing, evaluating and developing the strategic plan for the Malta office;
- Protecting the Group’s values and mission while building market confidence and participation;
- Initiating plans, targets and business goals in line with group guidelines;
- Providing general oversight of all functions to ensure operational efficacy;
- Ensuring a work environment that recruits, retains and supports quality human resources to match business requirements;
- Being responsible for complete adherence of laid down company standards and controls, systems and procedures;
- Being primarily responsible for compliance matters with all regulatory or other external bodies.
The ideal candidate will be in possession of a bachelor's degree and someone well acquainted with the London and European insurance market and its players and demonstrates a sound knowledge of insurance/reinsurance principles and practices. The candidate will have demonstrated a track record of success and have the commensurate market standing and reputation.
In identifying qualified candidates for the role, demonstration of their attributes and behaviours via the following critical competencies will be particularly important:
- Drives uncompromisingly for higher performance
- Facilitates collaboration amongst others
- Empowers teams to perform
- Contributes to corporate strategy
The successful candidate will understand the need to adapt their influencing style to different stakeholders. Charismatic, intellectually rigorous, possessing a good sense of humour and ability to build relationships with empathy are important attributes.