- Exciting and fast-paced role
- Lead a small & energised team
- Competitive remuneration package + various perks
The role is to lead a team to minimise business costs associated with fraud and other undesirable activity. It involves being responsible for timely payment processing whilst assuring appropriate identification and mitigation of risks which can incur financial loss, in a highly customer-centric manner.
The role involves being hands-on, meticulous and constantly aware of niche risks that can impact the business; to ensure appropriate controls are in place to mitigate them and that the team is performing optimally according to KPIs.Key Responsibilities:
Qualifications and Experience
- The go-to person for the business for all customer risk and operational matters in relation to payments;
- Managing a small team of 4 people including their performance, appraisals, rotation and other pastoral matters;
- Full responsibility for team and agent KPIs, including chargeback rate and processing times;
- Putting in place KPIs when needed to measure the performance of processes;
- Accountable for risk management practices, policies and procedures – including the results of those practices;
- Proactive and continuous improvement of service to optimise the customer experience through processes;
- Handling exceptions and advanced investigations/situations for the team;
- Mentoring and guiding the team on best practice, ensuring they each develop;
- Supporting the team with day-to-day tasks when required, hands-on when needed;
- Configuring systems related to the teams work including counter fraud systems, payment gateway and customer communications systems;
- Generating inter-team camaraderie and positive work atmosphere;
- Helping senior management with ad hoc tasks.
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Ideally above 5 years’ experience in customer base risk management in an online gambling environment;
- Expert in counter-fraud in a non 3DS secured card processing environment is important;
- Strong competence with Excel and various tools with the can-do mindset and the ability to figure things out themselves;
- It’s an advantage if the person is expert in casino games such as blackjack, baccarat and roulette with an understanding of player behaviour within an online casino environment;
- Someone with a background as a player could fit well and this is not considered detrimental to an application, in fact, a benefit;
- A solid grounding in payments within an online casino context, ideally facing Asia.
- Strong understanding of how to balance risk and opportunity in a pro-business customer-centric manner;
- Detail-oriented and an analytical mindset – high attention to detail is needed;
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills – able to motivate a team to perform;
- Someone who is organised and diligent;
- Flexible and adaptable, enjoying a high paced and changing environment;
- Patient with complex systems and working practices;
- A servant leader.