- Diagnose and troubleshoot SQL server service outages.
- Performance tuning of Database systems.
- Build, configure and maintain different Database systems.
The Isle of Man is one of the leading data hubs in Europe, with award winning specialists working on exciting global projects.
As a Data Support Services Engineer you will be responsible for managing and supporting the Database architecture, as well as optimizing databases performance across functional teams Internally and in Production.
The ideal candidate is an experienced DBA and Data Wrangler, who enjoys working ‘under the hood’ of SQL Server, optimizing database systems for maximum efficiency and availability.
The Data Support Services Engineer will support the growing Production Teams, software developers, database architects, and Infrastructure layer, to ensure optimal performance and maximum uptime for the business.
Ideally, you must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the database needs of multiple teams, systems and products.
The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of managing and optimizing or even re-designing the company’s database architecture to support our next generation of products and database initiatives.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Maintain the performance of Internal and Production Database servers within company SLA.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot SQL Server service outages as they occur, with an emphasis on effective communication, Route cause Identification and solution tracking.
- Routine Performance tuning of Database systems.
- Set and help maintain Database standards.
- Manage Database access and assist with developing processes for optimizing database security.
- Ensure all Database backup strategy meets the business’s Recovery Point Objectives (RPO) and Recovery Time Objectives (RTO)
- Create automation for repeatable, mundane Database tasks.
- Build, Configure, and Manage new Database Instances, including version Upgrades.
- Create and manage Database Projects, Reports and Documentation, visualizations, and dashboards when required.
- Review, recommend, and POC, with the chance of implementing emerging Database technologies.
- Scheduled Operational support (Hotseat), including after hours on-call support as required.
- We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience in a DBA Engineer role, who has attained and advanced working knowledge of SQL Server and its methodologies.
- Computer Science degree and or MCSA/MCSE (SQL) accreditation.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Build processes supporting SQL Server Environments, there dependencies and workload management.
- A successful track record of Supporting and Managing SQL Server, including HA.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Strong technical project management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Cloud computing/solutions.