- Central location
- Working with big names in the industry
- Small team so your voice is being heard
The selected candidate would ideally hold a tertiary level of education and demonstrate a strong command of PHP. Your role
What we are looking for
- Maintaining the current codebase, programming new features/ functionality and bug fixing where necessary;
- Analysing requirements and improving existing applications;
- Investigating/Researching new technologies and how these can be applied to better improve our current operations;
- Perform unit testing;
- Writing/updating documentation for when new features or improvements are made;
- Providing efficient reliable design and coding;
- Working closely with other staff and ensuring proper communication with other developers, designers and business analysts for an efficient outcome.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a similar field; or equivalent experience;
- Understanding of abstraction levels (OSI model)
- Experience with larger scale application architecture design.
- At least 5 years working experience in PHP;
- Experience with Linux (Debian) or other *nix;
- Experience with MySQL Databases and no SQL Databases, such as MongoDB;
- Experience with GIT, or other distributed SCMs;
- OOP skills and knowledge of best design practices;
- Experience with test-driven development;
- Knowledge of writing complex SQL queries (optimising and testing to ensure efficient execution);
- Experience with developing RESTful APIs;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Perform code reviews;
- Able to manage individual project priorities and deadlines;
- Fluent in English.
- Experience with MVC frameworks like Symfony, Lumen or Laravel;
- An attractive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience;
- The opportunity to work within a multicultural team, in a fast-growing International company, where expertise and professional dedication are rewarded with career development within the company.