- Min 3 years experience in financial services sector
- Accounting qualification
- Up to date knowledge of reporting and audit standards.
We are working with a leading independent provider of fiduciary and administrative solutions in Jersey who are looking to appoint a financial controller. You will assist in delivering excellence in all aspects of Client, Management and Financial accounting.
Key Responsibilities: Management accounting
Financial accounting and taxation
- Preparation of management accounts, budgets, projections and other periodic reporting for the Senior Executive Group. All information to be timely, accurate and relevant;
- To identify and implement ways to make management reporting more valuable to the Directors and the business. Specifically and as examples only we can still improve the analysis of income, the P&L reporting by team/business area, the budgeting and projecting process, the mapping and analysis of cost lines. This may be using technology or by changing policies, processes or procedures;
- To monitor and report on the cashflow of the business (and manage any actions agreed with the Directors); and
- Prepare ad hoc reports, statistics and analysis for the Head of Finance
- To assist with the preparation of the annual financial statements and working papers as soon as practicable after the end of the financial year (30 April);
- To liaise with the Group’s appointed tax adviser regarding reporting and queries and check computations done by them. Ensure any issues are reported and resolved on a timely basis.
- To support the Head of Finance’s role as functional lead for Client Accounting; providing support/guidance to all accountants across the business on technical standards / matters. In addition, to monitor and report on accounting backlogs;
- To provide training across the business on accounting and/or other technical matters (including financial risk);
- Assist with preparation of Forecasts/Budgets
- To identify and implement ways to make the client accounts’ preparation process more efficient, reliable and valuable to VG’s clients
- The right to live and work in Jersey
- Min of 3 years experience in the financial services sector
- An appropriate or working towards an accounting qualification
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages, including Excel, Outlook and Word
Further details around this opportunity will be discussed in more detail with suitable candidates.