- Based in Isle of Man
- Work within a passionate, innovative and incredibly awesome team!
Our client is a global software development house that focuses on using the newest technologies as they understand that the sports betting industry is forever evolving and for them to continue to be the best, they must adapt. Learning and growing is something you will do naturally with them.
They work closely with their customers and focus on expanding and building on the vision to be the leading Sportsbook in the world - which is why they need someone like you to join our team!
As an IT Engineer supporting our client's state-of-the-art Sports Betting Software, you will be responsible for the installation, configuration, and ongoing maintenance of our client's software in production environments on-premises and in the cloud. Exceptional attention to detail, an enthusiastic and inquisitive attitude problem-solving, and pattern analysis are required to support this fast-paced hybrid product.
You will need to be innovative and investigative, pre-empting problems with deployments before they go to live by reviewing change logs and getting to know the environment that you support. A strong feedback loop between IT and Dev is a necessity as they strive to become a truly “DevOps” product, prior experience in a development role is advantageous. What you’ll be doing…
Like what you see? Here is what we want to see…
- Planning and performing software releases and configuration, working to the agreed methodology.
- Provide first-line technical and product support to the Sports Betting customers.
- Creating and updating documentation for team processes and supported products.
- Analyse and understand logged incidents with strong technical awareness.
- Provide effective, efficient and professional solutions to all customers queries or concerns.
- Achieve key performance indicators and customer satisfaction metrics.
- Contributing to improve the product & team through collaboration and innovation.
- Provide support and deployment functions outside of normal working hours when required.
- Weekend shift work will form part of this role.
- MySQL / PostgreSQL /MSSQL / other T-SQL skills.
- RabbitMQ / ActiveMQ / AMQP protocol.
- Bash / Python / Regex / TCL.
- Proven experience in the IT industry using Microsoft or Linux Technologies (RHEL).
- PowerShell scripting skills, as well as other scripting languages (Python, Ruby, etc).
- Experience with tools such as Ansible and Terraform.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure / AWS / Other cloud technology.
- Administration of Windows Server 2016 and Server 2019.
- Experience with Splunk/Big IP F5 LTM.
- Experience in using coding/scripting to automate/reduce the time taken to complete manual tasks.
- Able to communicate all needs, instructions, and decisions clearly.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies and DevOps principles.
- A background within Development.
- Solid written and verbal communication and presentation skills in English.