The Company is looking for a Database Administrator with a DevOps Centric mindset for automation. The successful candidate must have a passion for administering database systems and automating deployment processes.
The Data Operations team manage on-premise and cloud-based operational databases, as well as real-time streaming services, and are responsible for the security and business continuity of these databases running at the Company. Key Responsibilities
- The role will work closely with other members of the Data Operations team (including database administrators and dataops engineers) as well as with Production Engineering and Enterprise Infrastructure teams to deliver the shared services and bring stability, performance, availability, and security to the database services.
- Administers Change Data Capture (CDC) and other data replication systems, to provide data transfer to data lakes and data warehouses.
- Maintains databases to optimum size and operation using archival and database optimisation techniques.
- Maintains awareness and knowledge of industry trends and enthusiastically identifies and drives identification of opportunities to be demonstrated in the Database arena.
Skills and Attributes
- Self-motivated, driven and takes ownership.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Confident and ability to work under pressure using own initiative.
- "Get it done" attitude
- Quick learner and a good team player.
- Experience in database systems like IBM DB2, MySQL and/or PostgreSQL
- Experience in PLSQL or a scripting language that can be used for generating processes to handle data archiving and removing.
- Proficient in optimising SQL queries to support high operational workloads.
- Strong Linux user with knowledge of cloud and modern data concepts with practical experience.
- Good understanding of security principles, with respect to data management
- Knowledge in maintaining code via Source Control version tools such as GIT.
- Understanding of cloud technologies such as AWS or GCP in implementing cloud-native systems and/or rebuilding an existing system on the cloud as required.
- Willing to learn management of production environments with infrastructure-as-code tools.
- Ability to automate installations of database software using automation.
- Ability to interpret and communicate technical information into processes.