- Work for one of the leading i-Gaming operators
- Linux and SQL experience
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies such as AWS or GCP
The Company are looking for a DataOps / DevOps engineer with a Data Centric mindset for automation. The successful candidate must have a passion for deployment processes, automation alongside support and creating CI & CD framework.
The DataOps team is tasked with an initiative to provide data process flow automation to migrate and continuously ingest the Data Warehouse to a Hybrid Cloud. The team use Cloud Platforms to manage and provide real-time streaming services from on premise systems to the cloud services. Key Responsibilities
- The role will work closely with the database administrators, data engineers, Production Engineering and Enterprise Infrastructure teams to deliver the shared services and bring the data enablement capability to life.
- To break down the barriers between data and operations making data more easily accessible to users by redesigning the data analytics pipeline to be more responsive, efficient and robust.
- Maintains awareness and knowledge of industry trends and enthusiastically identifies and drives identification of opportunities to be demonstrated in the DataOps arena.
- Provide industry proven automation process to speed up delivery of data services to the cloud and on premise.
Skills and Attributes
- Self-motivated, driven and takes ownership.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbally.
- Confident and ability to work under pressure using own initiative.
- Get it done attitude.
- Quick learner and a good team player.
- Worked with cloud technologies such as AWS or GCP in designing and implementing cloud-native systems and/or rebuilding an existing system on the cloud is required.
- Strong Linux user with knowledge of cloud and modern data concepts with some practical experience.
- Knowledge in maintaining cloud-based applications with all their core concepts.
- Understanding of building and managing the production environments with any infrastructure-as-code tools.
- Knowledge in maintaining application code via Source Control version tools such as GIT.
- Knowledge in building and working on CI/CD pipelines covering both On-Premise, On-premise cloud and cloud-based installations of software using automation tools like Puppet and Ansible.
- Understanding of container technologies and container orchestration.
- Experience in databases like DB2, MySQL, ETL, cloud techniques & tools.
- Ability to interpret and communicate technical information into processes.
- Understanding of Cloud Security and Optimisation.
- Knowledge in messaging and change data capture technologies to stream real time data to the cloud and on-premise systems.