- Group-level reporting
The Accountant position will form part of a team of finance professionals with overall responsibility for the Group’s accounting and financial reporting activities. This is a key, high-visibility role operating at Group level and offers significant career progression for the right individual.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Take ownership of the monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting tasks for the assigned entities or areas of responsibility, including but not limited to inter-company reconciliations, completeness of accruals and prepayments, ensuring proper cost allocation and capitalization, review and reconciliation of Balance Sheet accounts, preparation of financial statements, etc.
- Provide management with explanations and analysis to support the costs, revenue or balances as may be required from time to time.
- Provide external auditors with documentation, explanations, and analysis as necessary to assist with the smooth execution of annual audits or quarterly reviews.
- Assist in documenting and updating of internal processes and procedures as necessary and contribute to the overall development and continuous improvement of such processes through feedback and active participation.
- Understand the overall finance team objectives and assist team members as necessary in the wider interest of the team and its overall goals.
Required Skills and Experience
- Have a strong understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and should be in possession of an accountancy qualification (ACCA or similar).
- Have a minimum of three years relevant working experience, preferably within an international organisation.
- You can work independently whilst remaining accountable.
- You can make sense of the numbers and challenge the data, seeking and offering explanations when necessary.
- You maintain a high level of accuracy whilst delivering to tight deadlines.