- Fully Remote
- 5 - 7 years of experience working in a DevOps role, with 3+ years of staff mgmt
- The first online gambling company trading on an American stock exchange
To join and lead a small, dedicated Infrastructure Engineering team responsible for industrializing the deployment of the company's online gaming sites and internal applications.
The right candidate will be a passionate Manager / Engineer with a can-do attitude, and at least 5 years DevOps / 3 years Management experience. Responsibilities
- The DevOps Manager is responsible for laying the framework and foundation for DevOps and for helping the engineering teams scale and make their processes more efficient
- You will take application source code from repository to deployment in a manner that is maintainable, scalable & repeatable
- You will provide expertise and support for technologies and tools such as Ansible, Terraform, Chef, etc.
- You will support and maintain internal applications that support the build and release process
- Represent your team with leaders across different parts of the organization.
The Ideal Candidate
- Be the strategic leader of the highly talented DevOps team.
- You care deeply about security
- You have previously worked at startups and have helped determining the best practices and direction for DevOps
- Organization and efficient and automated processes are exciting and extremely important
- You have strong opinions but are always open to new thoughts and ideas
- You are always learning and honing your craft
- You enjoy writing production grade code and scripts to implement your solutions
- Work is not completed without fully executable and well organized documentation
- 5 - 7 years of experience working in a DevOps role, with 3+ years of staff management
- B.S. in computer science or equivalent experience
- A solid understanding of AWS cloud security & willingness to learn best security practices on different platforms (e.g. Openshift with Bank of America)
- Experience with source control, git or equivalent
- Experience in AWS at scale leveraging core services such as Lambda, RDS, and EC2, EKS, ECS, ElasticSearch
- Experience writing applications and tools in Python
- Experience with container technologies (Docker) & Kubernetes
- Experience with Build and Deployment tools such as Ansible, Terraform, or equivalent
- Experience with operational tools such as Datadog, New Relic, Sumo Logic, or AWS CloudWatch
- A solid understanding of CI/CD, logging, and monitoring
- Must be extremely flexible, as you are responsible for multitasking and dealing with multiple urgent situations simultaneously
- Documentation around every process. It is important that, in the absence of the DevOps engineer, we can still replicate any processes