- The firm's compliant services are focused on gaming-specific issues
- A professional, hands-on, independent & friendly atmosphere
- Competitive salary + excellent benefits package offered
Our client provides compliance and a wide range of financial services to gaming enterprises in a number of countries. It includes everything one would need to comply with the terms and conditions of various gaming licenses.The Role:
The ideal candidate will report to the group's COO and will collaborate with all Managing Directors of the local management teams and Heads of Business units.
You will be the point person for establishing and leading the Key Function department within the local office. The Key Function services will be made available to the growing list of MGA-licensed clients. The position necessitates a comprehensive understanding of the everyday operations of both B2B and B2C businesses.
The department will be developed from the ground up, which will entail the creation of policies, processes, and checklists as well as the provision of appropriate and sufficient on-the-job training. A group of talented individuals, including warranted accountants and lawyers, will assist you. Providing a sterling one-stop-shop solution is key and therefore this role will be crucial in order to meet all our client’s needs.Other Key Duties include:
- Investigating and acting on client requests and needs, anticipating client demands, and placing a high value on service and client satisfaction. Actively considering clients' needs and providing appropriate proposals;
- Creating new working techniques to replace present ones and come up with answers for job-related challenges. Responding positively to colleagues' suggestions and developing your own ideas as a result of them or in response to others' requests;
- In job-related activities, adhering to universally accepted social and ethical standards;
- Gathering information that is relevant. Differentiating between primary and secondary concerns, facts and assumptions, and cause and effect;
- Effectively communicating thoughts and viewpoints in reports or documents that are well-structured, well-organised, and grammatically correct, using language and terminology suited for the reader;
- Contributing actively to a common conclusion or solution to a problem, and working collaboratively with others on your own initiative;
- Setting high criteria for product and service quality and following through on them;
- Recognising and assessing market prospects for both existing and new products/services in a businesslike manner, taking risks to gain a competitive advantage. Identifying chances to sell products/services and demonstrate a desire to take advantage of them.
- Creating an annual strategy and budget for the local office, and demonstrate exceptional leadership behavior. You will also be expected to conduct meetings with employees in order to motivate them;
- Maintaining constant contact with important clients and ensure the presence of a client service-focused culture;
- Together with the Business Development and Marketing teams, coach the team on commercial awareness while contributing to product/market development;
- Encouraging teams to focus on personal development, exceptional performance, and a positive attitude. You will be in charge of the team's capacity and, in collaboration with the Board, will make decisions about employee hiring and replacement. Part of the job includes organising the jurisdiction's yearly performance evaluation, goal-setting, and promotion process;
- Building and sustaining lucrative relationships with major accounts, intermediates, and any other external stakeholders, particularly the MGA. Work with a variety of internal departments, including Business Development, Legal, Compliance, People and Culture, Internal Finance, and Information Technology.
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant professional experience in a gaming-focused local corporate service provider setup or MGA licenced company;
- A minimum of five (5) years management experience;
- A financial background or experience with Maltese corporate law will be considered an asset;
- Experience working in a compliance department in the gaming industry will be regarded advantageous;
- Excellent command of the English language (both vocally and in writing);
- Understanding of corporate activities such as HR, finance, IT, and compliance, among others;
- Self-motivated and capable of working solo as well as in a group;
- Outstanding organisational and leadership skills;
- Personal credibility, moral values, and integrity;
Result-driven and goal-oriented, accountable, thorough and detail-oriented;.
- Perform well in a fast-paced working environment.