The client brings together a growing team of incredible talent across every discipline, powered by proprietary technology, AI-driven marketing tools and cutting-edge user experience design. They love sports, gaming & technology and are on a mission to build world-class products to enhance the sports and casino experience.
To help them achieve this dream they require a superstar Back-end Scala Developer to join the team and lead them on this journey. As a Back-end Scala Developer, you will be working with talented colleagues in the United States, Malta, Spain and Argentina.
The client started in 2017 with the radical idea to build a modern, sustainable online sportsbook and casino that is focused on building long-term relationships with bettors. Today, they offer a trusted and easy-to-use platform for betting, leveraging AI and real-time CRM technologies to deliver bettors with a personalized experience.
They take pride in their values, which are designed to benefit employees, customers, partners, community, and shareholders. Striving to provide job security and long-term careers for all of their employees and create a positive impact on the industry by respecting and nurturing regulation, responsible gaming and modern corporate social responsibilities to ultimately benefit end-users. Your Challenge
You are someone who wants to work smarter by building high-performing microservices using the latest technologies in an efficient and scalable way. You are passionate about the power of Scala and using it to create amazing back-end services.Let's talk about you...
- 2-5 years of experience
- Mastery of Scala and a willingness to explore its functional style
- Strong experience building and iterating microservices
- Experience creating Rest or Restful APIs from scratch
- Ability to work with Akka Actors and deep knowledge of the Actor Model paradigm
- Working experience with Akka HTTP server
- Postgres or experience with any relational database
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience on Kafka or another message broker
- Git or another VCS
- SBT or Gradle or Maven
- Experience with Docker containers
- Good knowledge of the JVM
- Fluency in written and spoken English