The client brings together a growing team of incredible talent across every discipline, powered by proprietary technology, AI-driven marketing tools and cutting-edge user experience design. They love sports, gaming & technology and are on a mission to build world-class products to enhance the sports and casino experience.
To help them achieve this dream they require a superstar Platform Engineer to join the team and lead them on this journey. As a Platform Engineer, you will be working with talented colleagues in the United States, Malta, Spain and Argentina.
The client started in 2017 with the radical idea to build a modern, sustainable online sportsbook and casino that is focused on building long-term relationships with bettors. Today, they offer a trusted and easy-to-use platform for betting, leveraging AI and real-time CRM technologies to deliver bettors with a personalized experience.
They take pride in their values, which are designed to benefit employees, customers, partners, community, and shareholders. Striving to provide job security and long-term careers for all of their employees and create a positive impact on the industry by respecting and nurturing regulation, responsible gaming and modern corporate social responsibilities to ultimately benefit end-users. Your Challenge
As a Platform Engineer at Carousel Group, you will be working on a daily basis with your colleagues at the Technology department. Most of us are working remotely, but you are also welcome at our office in the very centre of Madrid.
Your main responsibilities will be the following:
- Supporting feature teams with architectural guidance and tools to ensure best quality and timely delivery
- Providing mechanisms to prevent and predict outages
- Providing continuous performance assessment of the platform identifying problems and providing solutions
- Automation of development and delivery processes
- Maintaining scalability and observability of the platform and all its components
- Providing CI/CD solutions and ways to measure and improve time-to-market for business features and technological enhancements
- Doing all those things that no-one has time to do and which would improve development process and platform stability
- Supporting other teams in answering tough questions, like “why this doesn’t work” or “how do I make it work”
- The ideal candidate will look like the following:
- You understand and have experience with Kubernetes and Docker. Any extra experience running Kubernetes with GitOps tools (like ArgoCD or Vault) will be considered positively.
- You have experience working with Cloud platforms. We use GCP but having experience on other platforms like Azure or AWS can be also considered as valid.
- You have good working experience automating jobs and designing deployment pipelines with Jenkins and know how to administer the tool.
- You have a good knowledge of Git.
- You know how to set proper monitoring in high performing platforms, knowing Datadog is considered as an advantage.
- You know how to configure, tune and scale services on a microservice architecture. Knowing how to run JVM services on production is a must-have.
- You know how to design effective communication patterns between microservices and monitor them properly
- You have experience working with Kafka and NoSQL databases, knowing Couchbase and Elasticsearch is considered as an advantage.