- International environment
- Interesting benefits
- Remote opportunity
Our client is looking for a Remote Software Engineer to help our Malta-based cross functional teams design, develop and maintain our payments platform and the applications that reside on it. The ideal candidate has a drive to engineer high-quality solutions to complex problems. Experience in steering engineering teams’ growth through mentorship is a definite plus.
What you’ll do
- Deliver high-quality software features as a member of a cross-functional team, following best engineering practices and guidelines and delivering within reasonable timeframes.
- Diagnose and resolve issues and defects identified in code.
- Participate in the planning and design of product and technical initiatives.
- Proficient in domain technologies and techniques, and researches and communicates alternative ones that are trending in the industry.
- Help improve others, providing technical guidance and mentoring within understood expertise and actively shares knowledge within domain.
Who you are:
The right applicant should have:
- You have 2+ years of experience engineering software and can communicate ideas and solutions with both technical and non-technical colleagues
- You have Object Oriented Software Development experience preferably in Java.
- You have preference for test-driven development that emphasises well-written unit and integration tests, and champion best engineering practices
- You have familiarity with JUnit, Mockito, Selenium, MySQL and NoSQL (Mongo) databases, implementing and consuming APIs, documenting API specs (RAML and OpenAPI), microservices and tools like Kafka, Zookeeper, Docker and Kubernetes
- You have a delivery mindset, embrace Agile values, and demonstrate a well-rounded knowledge of cutting-edge technologies and engineering practices and processes.
- You are able to travel to Malta for the initial induction and team meetings.