- Experienced Corporate Lawyer
- Native French or Dutch
- Competitive remuneration package
The role is multi-faceted ranging from corporate law, M&A, to compliance and regulatory work. It requires a dynamic and driven individual who is commercially focused and able to work in an international and highly regulated sector.
This role will expose you to a number of different areas such as corporate structuring, commercial, tax, gambling compliance, anti-money laundering, responsible gambling (RG), corporate governance, data privacy and consumer protection, etc. In managing the different projects, you will have the opportunity to lead with stakeholders from various areas of the business as well as with regulatory authorities and external advisors.
You will report to the CEO and be based in Luxembourg.Responsibilities:
As a Head of Legal, you will be responsible of building a commercially focused legal and compliance governance structure to support different jurisdictions. You will be acting as the Legal expert and link between your function and other relevant teams, such as the Operations team, Marketing and Finance. Your
main responsibility will be to take a lead in:
• Day to day contractual reviews, negotiations and drafting including; software licenses, data processing agreements, payment services contracts, marketing contracts, consulting agreements, general terms & conditions etc.;
• Handling various corporate matters such as mergers, share transfers, company incorporation, as well as drafting/preparation of corporate documentation such as resolutions, minutes of board meetings etc and ensuring group entities meet various company law requirements;
• Monitoring, conducting research and advising on legal and regulatory developments in relevant legal fields in various jurisdictions;
• Checking terms of standard agreements against Company policies and terms of standard forms/extension dates and related negotiation timetable;
• Ensuring appropriate process and procedures are in place in respect of assigned areas of responsibility;
• Advising the organisation: (i) on appropriate intellectual property protection measures; (ii) on commercial, as well as legal, aspects of transactions and negotiating with counterparty legal, commercial, and procurement teams;
• Undertake compliance monitoring across all business activities and expansion projects;
• Understand, monitor and review all developments within the regulatory environment of the business, recognising areas which need improvements and acknowleding vulnerabilities within the business;
• Implement processses and proceedures regarding AML, Gambling License and Legislation, Responsible Gaming, Advertising etc.;
• Writing and updating relevant documents and procedures in the above areas and implementing them;
• Supporting the Operations Department in understanding relevant legal requirements coming from relevant laws and company policies and implementing the same;
• Carrying out risk assessments and audits, both internal and external on the RG, AML, Data privacy and other relevant areas ;
• Building a compliance governance structure in all markets where the company operates;
• Working on various Data privacy issues and constant improvement of the company's Privacy governance model;
• Ensuring there is good governance in all key areas and presentation of legal issues to Senior Management together with analysis, options and recommendations.Requirements:
• Possess a Primary Degree in Law and preferably a post-graduate degree;
• At least 5 years of relevant experience in a leading law firm (preferably with exposure to different areas such as commercial law, employment, regulatory, AML, data privacy, etc.);
• Experience in the i-Gaming industry would be considered an asset but all persons with a keen interest in regulation and the online gaming industry will be considered;
• The successful applicant must be able to work in a dynamic and fast environment, adapt easily to change and take a ‘can-do’ approach to the job;
• It is essential that you are able to work on your own initiative and are not averse to taking decisions once you have settled into the role ;
• Language skills are very important, preferable native Dutch/French and we would expect you to be fluent in English, both verbally and in writing and to have excellent writing skills ;
• Ability to communicate in international business matters is important.What you will get:
• The opportunity to play a key role in developing a fast-growing and technology focused business in a rapidly evolving industry.
• Working with a dynamic team across different jurisdictions.
• Continuous development to set you up for success and growth within the role.
• Competitive remuneration package.