- Well-established entity in Malta
- Reporting directly to the Managing Director
- Great company benefits offered!
A well-known company is looking for a Head of Accounting
to lead the Accounting team and report directly to the Managing Director.Responsibilities include:Accounting & Financial Reporting:
- Maintaining accurate accounting records and drafting the Company's yearly statutory financial statements;
- All financial reporting to the group is your responsibility, including monthly and quarterly actual results, as well as the annual Group reporting package;
- Responsible for all regulatory reporting, including the MFSA's quarterly and yearly quantitative reporting templates, as well as returns to the Malta Central Bank;
- Responsible for submitting and complying with the Company's tax returns;
- Prepare monthly management reports for the Company's management, as well as additional ad hoc reports;
- Insofar as such work relates to accounting, finance, tax, and regulatory reporting, coordinate and manage the work of internal and external service providers;
- Collaborate with the Company's auditors to coordinate the statutory audit of the financial statements;
- Work closely with the Company's actuary, especially to ensure that all regulatory obligations are met.
Maintenance of bank accounts:
- Responsible for preparing plans, budgets, forecasts and any forward-looking information required by the Board and by the Group;
- Monitor actual results in comparison with plans, forecasts and budgets and analyse variances;
- Ensure that the Company’s accounting records, payments and receipts reflect the provisions and the terms and conditions of all agreements entered into by the Company.
- Ensure that proper bank mandates are in place with respect to the Company’s bank accounts;
- Initiate payment transactions and/or authorise such transactions and/or obtain proper authorisation for such transactions;
- Ensure that amounts due to or by the Company are duly received or paid in accordance with the relevant agreements;
- Liaison with stakeholders;
- Liaise and maintain good relationships with insurance companies;
- Liaise and maintain good relationships with all other external stakeholders, including the MFSA and other authorities, and represent the Company’s interests;
- Liaise and maintain good relationships with internal partners.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Carry out the functions and duties of Company Secretary and DPPO;
- Oversee the Company’s adherence to the applicable Group regulations and report to the Board any matters of concern or any issues that may require action in this regard.
- A recognised Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or other Finance related qualification from a recognised University or any other equivalent qualification;
- A minimum of one (1) year’s experience in the Accounting or Finance field.