- International company
- Competitive benefits
- Professional development & growth opportunities
As a Data Engineer, you will play a vital role collaborating as part of a cross-functional Agile team to create and enhance data ingestion pipelines, address big data challenges and build business-critical products using a variety of cutting-edge tools. The Data Engineer will work closely with the Data Technical Leadership Team, Data Systems Engineers, and Data Delivery Managers to enable our data-driven business to reach new highs and provide the best quality product to our customers.Responsibilities
Competences And Experience Required
- Creating and managing data pipelines from various disparate sources
- Leverage Big Data technologies to enhance our home-grown Data Platform
- Ensuring a high degree of data quality, scalability, and availability
- Working on PoC's for selected technologies that are yet to be adopted
- Work closely with Data Scientists to deploy machine learning models
- 4+ years of previous software engineering experience or B.Sc/ M.Sc in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with RDBMS, Columnar, and NoSQL databases such as MySQL, Oracle, Redshift, DynamoDB and BigQuery
- Strong SQL/Procedural SQL/Data Warehousing experience.
- Thorough knowledge in Scala, Python, or Java
- Familiarity with Orchestration tools such as Talend and Airflow
- Cloud computing experience on AWS, Microsoft Azure, or GCP
- Stream data processing experience with technologies like Kinesis Streams, Pulsar, Kafka, and Apache Flink
- Experience with ELK Stack or similar technologies such as Apache Solr
- Familiarity with source control systems (such as GIT)
- iGaming experience desired
- A keenness to understand how the technical task at hand translates into business value.
- Someone who is not afraid to put forward ideas for improving team process or suggest new features to the Product Owner.
Our client offers some of the most competitive benefits in the market, including continued personal growth and career development plans, as well as performance-based bonuses. They also believe in providing an environment where employees can flourish. You’ll have the opportunity (hopefully soon!) to work in a modern and well-catered environment, with monthly massages, office events, and team-building activities. Until then, they also offer a Work From Home Allowance to ensure you have everything you need to work comfortably, during these times.