- Parking allowance in Sliema!
- Multinational Team!
- Competitive Salaries!
The Service Desk Analyst is the first and focal point of contact of the Company. While providing the highest level of IT support, the Service Desk Analyst performs periodic routine checks and responds to all tickets submitted through JIRA Service Desk and uses a knowledge base tool along with their expertise to resolve tier one requests in a timely fashion.
The Service Desk Analyst escalates unresolved problem/issues/requests to the proper tier two and three support teams. Core to the role is troubleshooting on various software applications, hardware, and network systems and providing desktop support.
You will need to demonstrate a high level of commitment, initiative and ability to work alone and in a team environment. You should be a motivated self-starter with proven abilities to get the job done and possess excellent communication skills with a proactive can-do attitude and a willingness to learn.
The nature of the contract offered is a full time, indefinite contract - on a 24x7 rotating shift basis, including weekends and public holidays.
• Perform Event, Service Requests and Incident investigations, diagnoses and resolutions using proven methodologies, working in conjunction with other stakeholders as required
• Provide technical support, troubleshooting and root cause analysis relating to application, product and system events and incidents, as well as fulfilling service requests
• Accept, manage and update events, incidents and service requests to ensure contracted Service Level Agreements are met, managing the Service Desk queue efficiently
• Take ownership and responsibility of issues from start through to a successful resolution
• Ensure the escalation of events, incidents and service requests, as well as service disruption to other teams or third-party contractors as and when necessary and facilitate any issues to the point of resolution
• Monitor, resolve or escalate a number of system alerts and run a number of routine health checks on the system and suggest improvements to alerts in order to pre-empt the occurrence of an incident
• Develop technical knowledge of each system within the company and specialized knowledge of certain nominated areas and maintain adequate knowledge of operating systems and application software used to provide a high level of IT support
• Assist in deployments and testing, providing meaningful feedback and physical intervention as and when necessary.
• Minimum 2 years experience working in an IT environment in an IT support function
• Minimum 1 year of experience working in a similar role with broad exposure to various troubleshooting scenarios
• Any Computer Science / IT related qualifications
• Experience or qualification in desktop PCs hardware troubleshooting
• Basic knowledge of MS Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 and Active Directory
• Basic knowledge of Linux systems
• Basic knowledge of SQL
• Working experience with Atlassian product (JIRA and Confluence)
• Self-motivated, ability to work unsupervised as well as being able to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
• Good command of spoken and written English
• Proactive, flexible attitude to work with a willingness to constantly learn, review and improve skills and processes
• High level of initiative, accountability, communication, attention to detail and ability to follow process and procedures