- Legal experience (Europe or UK qualified)
- Knowledge of the iGaming industry
- Competitive salary package + excellent benefits
Our client is a tech company with a focus on scalability issues in the iGaming industry. They provide new innovative solutions to help operators become more scalable through the right process, automation, and machine learning. They are a tight unit with a strong culture and their leadership in tech and product has attracted high performance individuals. They have offices in multiple locations and will grow with dozens of employees per year.
They are currently looking to strengthen their team with a Legal Counsel to ensure they are maintaining the highest legal standards as they scale. The successful candidate will enjoy working in a fast-paced, international environment where problems are always coupled with solutions. Given they are a scaling tech-company, they expect the successful candidate to have a genuine interest in technology, the iGaming industry, and smart, digital working. As Legal Counsel you will:
Requirements of the ideal candidate for this role:
- Take ownership of company contract management
- Negotiate commercial terms for new and existing clients
- Advise on legal matters related to a wide range of business activities
- Draft and amend commercial, employment and consultancy agreements, and other legal documents
- Review supplier contracts
- Manage alongside relevant stakeholders, all data protection matters
- Handling and managing all intellectual property related tasks;
- Draft new partner and alliance agreements
- Ensure the company has signed DPAs and follow up with legal obligations
- Work with corporate lawyers and other third-parties
- Manage in-house legal projects such as setting up a contract management platform
- Anticipating legal concerns
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of alternations in relevant legislation.
Applicants from abroad and COVID information
- Legal qualification (at a minimum bachelor's level plus relevant local qualification exams) in Europe or United Kingdom
- Applicant must have the right to work in Malta (from EU or residency)
- Preferably at least two years work experience as an in-house counsel for an iGaming operator
- Evidential negotiation skills
- Strong understanding of online gaming legislation and industry
- Digital working (e.g., online collaboration, docusign etc.)
- Previous experience with managing commercial contracts
- Excellent command of the English language, both spoken and written
- Ability to work comfortably in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Strong organisation and prioritisation skills
- Team player with ability to work independently
- Detail-oriented and analytical.
If relocation is not possible at the time of hire, they would appreciate it if the candidate can work remotely until the situation changes.
Relocation program includes (if required); the company pays for the flights for the candidate and the family, shipping, and accommodation for the first 2 weeks.