- Great additional benefits!
- Work with the newest hardware!
Working in a highly dynamic and fast paced environment, the Data center Technician will assist clients and support the NOC Engineering team based in the US, Netherlands, Serbia and Singapore.
As part of the team, you will have the opportunity to work with the latest in server hardware to perform installation, upgrade and troubleshooting of all server components.Location:
40 hours (10 hour shift), 4 days per week from 2pm until midnight plus part of an on-call rotation on
the weekends (1 in 4)Key Job Responsibilities:
- Perform General Hardware/Cage duties such as server assembly and disassembly, server maintenance and repair, racking/un-racking of servers and devices, hard drive and memory installs, RAID set up and configuration, server console/reboot, cabling and cable management, PDU install/replace.
- Perform basic software setup such as Control Panel installation (Plesk/cPanel/Webmin), Server OS installation (Windows/Linux/BSD), Kickstart/reinstall OS, Partition configurations, Basic network IP configurations.
- Perform basic Switch/Firewall setup i.e. Cisco ASA Appliances, Brocade and Arista Switches.
- Perform basic level of problem determination for all tickets, emails, chats & phone calls.
- Perform hardware troubleshooting.
- Triage and escalation to the appropriate level.
- Ticket management to ensure SLA’s are met.
- Coordinate all repairs with customer and NOC staff.
- Management and tracking of assets including shipping.
- Labeling all devices and cables are per company standard.
- Work closely with third party providers.
- Must be eligible to live and work in the Netherlands.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar role in a data center environment.
- Must have work experience with different types of cabling and experience managing fiber & copper in a data center environment.
- Extensive knowledge of computer hardware, mainly servers.
- Proficient in Linux and Windows operating systems.
- A strong working knowledge data center processes and design (power, cooling, redundancy).
- Ability to document complex problem resolution summaries and repetitive tasks.
- Ability to quickly identify specific issues and troubleshoot accordingly.
- Ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.