- 5+ years of experience in professional software development required
- Fantastic benefits company offered
You will write the code for the APIs, Data Streaming Services, ETL Processes, Business Intelligence Applications, and Automated Services that deliver vital, recent data to a variety of internet properties and data reporting tools as a back-end software architect. You will take care of upkeep and feature improvements to current apps, but you will also frequently develop brand-new, original applications and services using cutting-edge platforms and technologies.
In addition to assisting in the technical and architectural decision-making for the back-end software solutions, you will train and guide other developers as they learn. You are quick to pick up new technologies, and you like solving new technological issues on a regular basis.
Building scalable solutions, upholding high standards for coding, and participating in a culture that values work-life balance while fostering learning and sharing are all things you're enthusiastic about. Key Responsibilities:
What you'll bring
- Maintain current data collection, BI, and automation services in close collaboration with team members, as well as design/create new back-end services & features;
- Participate in peer assessments of the code and solution designs;
- Drive architecture and estimate for both new and existing goods;
- Learn new frameworks and technologies when needed to address brand-new technological issues;
- Participate in routine sprint events including stand-ups, grooming, and retrospectives;
- Uphold high standards for software development by adhering to accepted best practices and routines;
- Work with other members of the development team and staff from other departments to promote innovation and assist in establishing internal standards.
- Five (5)+ years of experience in professional software development;
- Advanced to expert levels in an object-oriented programming language (Python is desired);
- Having experience building REST APIs in Django or any bespoke or similar framework;
- Experience consuming data from sockets, streams, or JSON/XML feeds;
- Understanding of agile development methodologies (Scrum/Kanban);
proficiency with CLIs and Unix-based platforms;
- Knowledge of the language and structure of relational databases, such as MySQL or Postgres;
- Knowledge of code versioning technologies, like git.
- Experience designing unique software programs and solutions;
- Proficiency communicating complex concepts effectively to all stakeholders.
Candidates who also provide the following will also attract strong consideration:
- Having worked with Apache Kafka and Apache Airflow to design ETL workflows;
- Having knowledge of the libraries, methods, frameworks, and tools used in Machine Learning and Data Mining;
- Creating GraphQL APIs (Graphene) experience;
- Experience with common server management responsibilities;
- Knowledge with containerisation, including Docker and Kubernetes;
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases (MongoDB).