As a Software Architect (Trading) you will be responsible for making key decisions around architecture mechanisms, strategy and low level technical design of critical components. You will be responsible for a significantly large brown field development that is continuously evolving. As an architect your main focus will be to simply the overall existing technical complexity and enhance the speed of forward development.
Mentoring teams, supporting simplifying architecture, reviewing and challenging Design, defining NFRs, ETA’s and delivery timelines will be part of your responsibilities.
Joining a team of talented individuals, you will be passionate about technology and your enthusiasm and energy will transpire to your work as you love what you do!
What you'll be doing:
- Develop and implement architectural standards appropriate to the trading engine
- Offering guidance and mentoring to Technical Leads and Software Developers.
- Work with internal development teams to create high performance and innovative solutions.
- Designing and agreeing on Architecture Solutions in line with the technical strategy of the Group.
- Fully engage with the groups Architecture team to ensure that architectural standards are adhered to within the Group
- Ensure that automated testing is core to all solution development
- You will review and challenge teams on design, ETA’s and delivery timelines with the ability to mentor teams with ‘out of box’ solutions to accelerate delivery and quality
What we need from you:
- Proven experience in designing and delivering highly-available technical solutions that address commercial problems
- Expertise in web and micro services architecture, cloud technologies and agile ways of working
- Enterprise tech – Kafka, Cassandra, Caching Solutions, Solution Architecture, Design Principles
- Excellent relationship and stakeholder management skills
- Proven experience working in fast-paced, technology led environment, serving both internal and third-party platforms
- Extensive experience utilizing project tools and methodologies to best advantage
- Experience in a sport betting brand is a plus
- .Net technologies & JAVA
- SQL Server
- Angular & other front end technologies
What we can offer you:
- Salary: Minimum: €56,800
- Culture – We were once a startup and still have that growth mindset (despite our size). Our industry is renowned for the speed it operates at, and the incredible pace of innovation. Our values include winning together, being bold, exciting customers and driving innovation.
- Development – Both personal and professional development are important to us. Everyone gets 2 paid days to focus on development, along with subscriptions to learning resources like cross knowledge, linkedin learning and our own learning room. Monthly Empower talks from inspirational leaders from outside the industry.
- Wellbeing – Our employee assistance program offers free advice on everything from work advice, relationship advice, legal information, and financial advice. Everyone gets a free subscription to the unmind (mental wellbeing) app. Counselling session are available through EAP. We have a monthly schedule of wellbeing sessions and talks with each office having wellbeing champions and coordinators.
- Flexible benefits package - Annual bonus, employee share scheme, health screening, life assurance, matching pension contributions, lunch vouchers, enhanced vacation package, retail discounts, discounted gym membership, with the ability to flex your benefits package to suit your needs
- Offices - Newly refurbished offices, with chillout spaces and modern facilities
- Social - Fantastic programme of free social activities, from our summer parties and Friday night drinks, we've got you covered.
- Sports - We're as passionate about sports as you are, if you can name a sport, we've probably got a company team.
- Hybrid Working – We offer 2 days a week working from home