As Automation Engineer - Linux
you will join one of their Engineering Teams responsible for high performance and high available IT Environment. You’ll support given applications in terms of automation, operations, maintenance, deployments. For their complex environment it’s key that the applications in production run smoothly. You’ll need to ensure a fast resolution of incidents. Further, you’ll automate the roll-out of new versions for applications and services.
Are you ready for solving incredibly complex problems in a-typical environments? We bet you are.
Joining a team of talented individuals, you will be passionate about technology and your enthusiasm and energy will transpire to your work!
What you’ll be doing:
- Support & maintain Java based applications.
- Manage multiple installations of a wide variety of NoSQL databases and messaging middleware.
- Champion observability by maintaining, adapting and improving monitoring and reporting (OpenTelemetry, Prometheus, Grafana, AppDynamics).
- Set-up, optimize and fine tune application environments.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of operating processes (deployment capabilities, GitOps).
- Advise and support product developing teams as well as infrastructure teams on all topics.
- Supports implementation of standards and best practices working closely with the architecture team.
- Improve system performance, application delivery and efficiency through, automation, process refinement, post-mortem reviews, and in-depth configuration analysis.
- Optimization and application fine-tuning alongside software engineers.
- Participate in on-call rotation as 2nd & 3rd line of incident support
What we need from you:
- Deep understanding of the Linux operating system.
- Hands-on experience managing and deploying Linux based applications.
- Hands-on experience with technologies in their stack:
- NoSQL DBs: Cassandra, Redis, Neo4J, SOLR, MongoDB
- Automation Frameworks: Ansible, RunDeck
- Enterprise Messaging & Supporting Software: Apache Kafka, Confluent Kafka, TIBCO EMS, ZooKeeper
- Monitoring & Alerting Tools: AppDynamics, ELK Stack + Beats, Prometheus & Grafana, SCOM
- CDN / DNS Solutions: Cloudflare, AD DNS, F5 GTM
- Experience with automation & configuration management (Ansible or similar).
- Strong scripting skills (Bash).
- Good application server skills (in at least on of: JBoss, Jetty, Tomcat).
- Basic programming experience in Java or Node.js is a plus.
- Fluent English - written and spoken, German is a plus.
- Self-driven personality who is eager to learn.
- Good communication and training skills.
What we can offer you:
- Hybrid working – We offer 3 days a week working from home.
- Flexible benefits package - Annual bonus, employee share scheme, health screening, life assurance, matching pension contributions, lunch vouchers, 5 weeks annual leave per year, retail discounts, discounted gym membership, with the ability to tailor your benefits package to suit your needs.
- Development – Both personal and professional development are important to us. Everyone gets 5 paid days to focus on development, along with subscriptions to learning resources like cross knowledge, LinkedIn learning and a learning room. Monthly Empower Talks from inspirational leaders from outside the industry.
- Culture – We were once a startup and still have that growth mindset (despite their size). The Gaming industry is renowned for the speed it operates at, and the incredible pace of innovation. Their values include winning together, being bold, exciting customers and driving innovation.
- Wellbeing – Their employee assistance program offers free advice on everything from work advice, relationship advice, legal information, and financial advice. Everyone gets a free subscription to the unmind (mental wellbeing) app. Counselling session are available through EAP. We have a monthly schedule of wellbeing sessions and talks with each office having wellbeing champions and coordinators. Furthermore, we have a company doctor as well as a work psychologist coming to the office.
- Offices - Newly refurbished offices, with chillout spaces and modern facilities (free coffee, tea, water and fresh fruits)
- Social - Fantastic programme of free social activities, from the summer parties and Friday night drinks, we've got you covered.
- Sports - We're as passionate about sports as you are, if you can name a sport, we've probably got a company team.