Malta office of online gaming business is looking for a Regulatory Compliance Specialist to support the expansion of its B2B operations in the EU and non-EU jurisdictions. Reporting to the Head of Legal & Compliance, the role will support business in regulatory compliance of B2B licensing initiatives and operations, monitoring of regulatory developments within clients’ jurisdictions.
This position would suit an individual with practical experience in compliance within the gambling industry (B2C or EU licensed B2B operators) who is looking to broaden their knowledge of multi-jurisdictional B2B gambling operations. This is a varied role and encompasses future compliance strategy development and hands-on day to day tasks. Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance within the framework established by the Malta Gambling Authority and ONJN (Romania) and other jurisdictions as applicable.
- Assist in writing, managing and maintaining policies, procedures and internal guidance documents related to regulatory compliance, internal and external compliance reporting.
- Monitor and assess any new developments to ensure the business is compliant with relevant codes and legislations and highlight areas of concerns.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of all regulations and any potential changes and ensure the business is kept up to date with any regulatory changes.
- Address licensing queries, acting as a point of contact for various teams in all compliance escalations, reviewing and assessing escalations and making recommendations for reportable events.
- Carry out research on technical compliance/certifications requirements in the target markets and making recommendations on the best strategic approach to accommodate the business strategy; maintain certifications record
- Assist in the development of group wide compliance training program, including regulatory reporting and compliance processes, data protection and information security awareness.
- At least 3 years of proven practical experience within a similar role, within the gaming industry (a must).
- Operational knowledge of applicable gaming regulations/reporting requirements and a detailed understanding of industry standard processes and approaches to B2B supply to the gambling B2C operators in various jurisdictions.
- Exceptional and demonstrable influencing, stakeholder management, presentation and communication skills. Excellent English oral & written.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills; flexibility and ability to work with the situation of ambiguity.
- Self-motivated with proven capability to work independently and continually calibrate priorities with minimal supervision.
- University degree, BSc level
- Professional body compliance certification would be a distinctive advantage.
- Competitive salary and conditions corresponding to the high demands of the position.
- Vibrant modern office spaces.
- Hybrid/remote work arrangements.
- Bi-monthly company wide social and team building activities.
- Lunch Vouchers.
- Support in personal and professional growth.
- Pension scheme.
- Private medical and dental insurance.