- Manage & control the Company's financial matters
- Reporting to the GM & the Board of Directors
- Excellent company benefits offered
The Financial Controller
will manage and control the Company’s financial matters, monitor internal controls and provide financial expertise and advice to the General Manager and the Board of Directors in relation to decision making and future investments.Main Duties & Responsibilities: Strategic:
- To assist the General Manager and Board in the setting of plans and objectives for the company through the preparation of financial reports, feasibility studies and other ad hoc reports as necessary;
- To guide the Board regarding financial forecasts and setting of performance estimates;
- To assist the General Manager to prepare the annual budget for the company.
- To prepare monthly Management Accounts and to report to the Board;
- To prepare and present end-of-year Financial Statements;
- To manage the budgeting processes to monitor, control, approve and evaluate costs, revenues and cash flows;
- To manage the Company’s cash flow and to take any action as necessary in collaboration with the General Manager to ensure that such cash flow is maintained within established limits;
- To conduct financial analysis to identify the efficiency and effectiveness of business activities and the profitability/contribution of the various lines of the Company’s business;
- To monitor budget performance and to investigate and report on adverse or unusual outcomes / trends / variances as necessary;
- To apply skills in financial management maintaining adequate working capital;
- To develop and manage the inventory management process ensuring inventories and wastage are properly controlled and recorded;
- To oversee the processing the company’s payroll;
- To prepare various ad hoc and periodical reports and statistics related to the company’s profitability;
- To provide direction and assistance to the commercial team with regard to job costings;
- To act as the first point of contact for the company’s auditors and to ensure all questions raised by them are answered efficiently;
- To take any necessary action based on any recommendations made by Auditors in their Audit Report or Management Letter;
- To act as the first point of contact for the company’s Banker’s;
- To ensure timely collection of receivables and invoicing of customers;
- To develop and maintain thorough financial policies and procedures for the company;
- To ensure that financial policies and procedures are being adhered to as set out in the Company financial guidelines;
- To act as the focal point to other Departmental Managers to provide advice and technical expertise in financial management, including the development of policies and procedures.
Administration & IT:
- To provide the necessary direction and leadership to team members to meet their work objectives and maintain morale.
- To ensure that all finance records are kept accurately and securely and in line with legislative requirements;
- To deal effectively with daily administrative issues as they arise;
- To ensure that the necessary IT systems are in place;
- To provide the necessary guidance and direction to the IT Systems Administrator.
- To assist and provide the necessary financial guidance to the commercial team.
- To ensure high quality standard of work throughout;
- To keep updated with current trends and developments in financial management;
Who are you?
- To attend supervision, team meetings, training and other meetings as required;
- To monitor and evaluate company IT requirements and to make recommendations for related investment;
- To undertake other duties as required in keeping with the responsibility of the post.#
- Hold an ACCA, bachelor's degree, or other higher international qualification;
- Have four to five (4-5) years of experience in a similar role;
- Understanding of Microsoft Office suite and have familiarity with accounting software (preferably Access Dimension);
- Have leadership skills and be a team player;
- Able to multitask;
- Possess effective communication abilities as well as organizational and time-management abilities.