- Performance bonus!
- Hybrid work!
The Core Solution Expert Engineer will be responsible for installations, operations, and maintenance focusing on Cloud-Based Telecom Messaging solutions but also spanning other Telecom solutions offered globally by our client. They will detail, coordinate, and execute integration and operational matters, spanning all three skill areas for the solution (compute, connectivity, & software) to ensure timely and efficient deployments, regular anomaly detection enhancements (NMS), and troubleshooting are achieved.
Substantial internal coordination with DevOps & 24x7 NOC will be crucial, including occasional external 3rd party partners. Architecture integration design (LLD specifications) and detailed planning for solution installations and upgrades will also form part of the key responsibilities.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Assist and Execute tasks for deployment management, Integration support, vendor operation & support management, service asset configuration & tracking, service restoration, technical support, operational design, SLA/KPI management & 2nd/3rd line support.
- Assist in the specification’s definition and architecture design of the solution to be installed or requiring updates.
- Coordinate with vendors, service providers, and internal resources to ensure continuous alignment and delivery of key functional and non-functional requirements of the solution.
- Plan, organize, and manage the performance of the Solution Delivery process and, where necessary, initiate corrective actions to cover shortfalls in performance and delivery capability.
- Coordinate with stakeholders to ensure the solution, intervention & issue is addressed at the required standard and within the planned time frame (SLAs).
- Assist in establishing realistic estimates for project delivery while ensuring that resources are utilized efficiently, focusing on reducing project delivery time while maintaining maximum quality of delivery.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Telco Core network element exposure and troubleshooting such as (A2P & P2A Gateways, SMSCs, STPs) is a KEY asset.
- Cloud design, integration, and operations for AWS, Azure, and VMware private clouds are considered a KEY asset.
- Hands-on experience with Linux SCTP & SMPP (utilities/libraries), especially network tracing tools such as Wireshark is a must.
- Experience in telecommunications section protocols such as Sigtran/MAP & SMPP is considered an asset.
- Structured and Logical Troubleshooting skills with ample hands-on experience specifically spanning: ESXi, Linux, TCP/IP, SCTP, RabbitMQ, Redis, PostgreSQL/MySQL, Cisco & Fortigate L3 Switches & Firewalls.
- 3+ Years of experience in similar Telco Senior / Engineering roles.
- Able to adjust plans as necessary and provide alternative strategies to meet changing operational situations.
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, with good communication and reporting skills.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or equivalent.
- International and multi-cultural working environment.
- Great company benefits.
- Staff recognition and career growth.
- Flexible working model (Remote or Hybrid).
Regarding our client:
For most Mobile Network Operators, SMS A2P is a sleeping giant. Total addressable revenue is stagnant - coming from either fixed price wholesale, or traffic eroding price hikes. Our client's complete Messaging Revenue Platform is an industry game-changer, allowing MNOs to break free of traditional growth constraints and create attractive revenue strategies which can be enforced through our award-winning SMS firewall and billed via automation.
What is it like to work with our client:
Our client is a hyper-growth, global organization with innovation, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of everything they do. They know work makes up a massive part of our lives, that’s why their flexible working model ensures that their teams have a healthy work/life balance. They invest in their employees to grow within the business and to continue to develop themselves through their learning and development programs, providing room for internal promotion and longevity.