- UK, Malta and Spain regulations
To work closely with the Chief Risk Officer to provide an expert advisory and monitoring service to the company to ensure compliance with relevant rules, regulations and codes of conduct.
• Working with the Chief Risk Officer to ensure Regulatory Compliance in compliance with the UK, Malta and Spanish legislative frameworks. This includes communicating the legislative requirements to the business.
• Review and approval of marketing and promotional material to ensure full compliance to relevant legislation and regulation.
• Regular review of all products to ensure compliance to regulatory requirements.
• Identification of risks that may jeopardize the companies operating license and creating systems, processes and procedures to mitigate those risks.
• Working with all relevant departments to create an effective risk management strategy. Identifying key areas of risk, formulating and updating risk assessments to mitigate those risks and creating an effective ongoing audit process to ensure that policies, procedures and controls are adhered to and being effectively implemented.
• Working with the Chief Risk Officer and Head of Safer Gambling to create effective measures to reduce the effects of gambling related harm to customers.
• Reviewing and maintaining of compliance related training courses
• Delivering training presentations to all levels of staff as and when required
• Develop and strengthen relationships to promote best practice and ensure a good understanding of Compliance requirements.
• Providing the business with advice and guidance on all relevant regulatory obligations and requirements
• Documenting all events and decision making
• Updating and maintaining internal departmental procedures
Personal Skills & Experience
• Native/fluent Spanish speaker, fluent in English
• Proven experience of working in the remote gambling sector in a compliance role.
• Good knowledge and understanding of all relevant legislation, regulations, guidelines and remote gambling policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of UK/MGA/Spanish gambling and advertising regulations
• Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion, due to nature of work.
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in work.
• The ability to work well autonomously as well as part of a team and to demonstrate a flexible approach to work
• Demonstrates exceptional organizational skills and time management skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills at all levels of contact and situations.
40 hour working week, Monday to Friday. Some travel to the UK may be required.