- Vibrant office atmosphere
- Regular social team events
Recruiting for an experienced fund accountant to join a growing Fund Services team.
You will be responsible for the accounting and full administration of a portfolio of Alternative Investment Funds and will act as a liaison and point of contact for all matters relating to the funds. You will be an important link between management and junior staff, responsible for the quality of the work carried out for the client.
- Taking an active part in the initial setup of any new funds take-on and liaising with independent tax specialists, lawyers, and notaries as part of the setup process;
- Overseeing the preparation and collation of Know Your Customer and Client Due Diligence files;
- Taking care of the day-to-day operations of the funds and following up with third parties, including investors and fund managers;
- Handling the fund accounts and preparation of periodic reports and regulatory reports for the fund entities;
- Preparing the funds’ periodic Net Asset Value calculation and year-end financial statements, management of the audit, and reviewing other fund related reports;
- Responsible for the preparation/review of drawdown and distribution calculation and notices, equalisation calculations;
- Coordinate and arranging investor servicing, including investor on-boarding, capital calls, distributions as well as the issuance of shareholder statements;
- Organising and participating in board meetings and shareholders' meetings;
- Reviewing tax returns and tax balances and maintaining relevant contacts with the tax authorities;
- Accurately record all time spent dealing with client matters to ensure the clients are correctly invoiced;
- Pro-actively take on additional responsibilities and administrational tasks as required by your managers or clients.
- Mentoring and reviewing the work done by junior members of the team.
- Strong academic background;
- Newly qualified/part qualified Accountant (ACCA/CIMA/ACA);
- Knowledge and experience in Real Estate and/or Private Equity fund administration is a requirement;
- Good communication skills, organised and flexible;
- You possess team spirit with the ability to work independently using your own initiative when appropriate;
- Ambitious with a high level of energy and commitment;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet a range of deadlines;
- High level of IT literacy with strong Excel and Word skills.