- Highly-regarded Market Leader
- Career growth & development
- French speaker
International Insurance Client seeking to recruit an experienced Compliance Officer
to join their operations in Malta. The right candidate will be reporting to the Managing Director. This individual will have responsibility for the compliance of some of the clients under management, specifically:
- Assisting the client servicing teams in the delivery of services to insurance and reinsurance companies under management, ensuring that those client companies remain compliant with applicable regulations and legislation;
- Providing a clear understanding of the industry's best practice, and benchmarking to ensure business is conducted in a compliant manner by advising the Management Company and clients under management on applicable laws, regulations, and codes of practice;
- Reporting to client company Boards on applicable regulation and legislation, and on the extent of their compliance with regulation and legislation;
- Supporting the Head of Office and wider Captive Practice Compliance team in the development, implementation, and management of an appropriate risk-based compliance monitoring programme;
- Reviewing and assessing compliance breaches and remediation;
- Providing training in compliance matters as appropriate;
- Keeping up to date with future compliance developments and being a source of advice and guidance on this and related issues to the Company, Clients and the wider Captive Practice;
- Continually reviewing and adapting the compliance infrastructure in response to any changes in the compliance environment.
- Third level degree and relevant qualifications. Degree in Financial Services would be advantageous;
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in a compliance role or similar position preferably in an insurance business;
- Ability to understand and interpret regulatory requirements in the context of the client’s business. Knowledge and experience of the local regulatory environment would be an advantage;
- Ability to communicate with colleagues and clients at all business levels, including Board Directors;
- Excellent organisation and time management skills with the ability to prioritise workload;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to deliver information in a clear and concise manner;
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous tasks in a high pressure, deadline-driven environment.
- Will consider experience outside Insurance
- French speaker
With centrally located offices in Malta, this company aims to retain, engage and develop its employees. A recognised leader in its field you will be joining a well-known insurance services company with world-class recognition. With offices spanning the globe, there is great scope to gain industry-wide knowledge to enhance your career progression whilst enjoying a great work/life balance.
- Market-related benefits program
- Performance-based rewards scheme
- A desire to retain, engage and develop you!