- International outlook, client-base & workforce
- Regulatory oversight including Solvency II
- Strongly capitalised parent organisation
Graduate degree in Risk Management and/or relevant professional qualifications (e.g. Risk, Finance, Actuarial).
Insurance industry experience - preferably 6+ years
- Significant risk management experience and understanding of local and Solvency II regulatory framework.
- Good understanding of capital modelling outputs and their use.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the insurance market and the applicable regulations.
- Experience of dealing with senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Strategic thinking & enhanced problem solving.
- Ability to use initiative, vision and imagination.
- Project management and excellent organisational skills.
Malta based position sits within highly-regarded Global Risk Management Department reporting to the Head of Risk Management (HoRM) and supporting the wider Risk Management frameworkSummary Responsibilities
- Implement an appropriate risk appetite framework including the associated policies, tools and procedures.
- Maintaining and providing an entity wide view of the risk profile.
- Producing reports and analysis for the HoRM to support the Board, Risk and Capital Committee and senior management.
- Effective & efficient design, implementation and maintenance of a robust Risk Management Framework which is capable of identifying, assessing, monitoring, mitigating and reporting of all material risks faced by the group, in line with the Board direction. Where applicable, provide support in respect of streamlining and implementing the wider Global Risk Management Framework.
- Providing appropriate challenge to operational management and other second line of defence functions.
- Monitoring that that the risk practices deployed are in compliance with the applicable regulatory requirements and in line with the good market practice.
- Assisting the HoRM, Board, Risk and Capital Committee and senior management in carrying out their respective responsibilities in respect of risk management.
- Support the HoRM on risk related topics for regulators and other external stakeholders, as applicable.
- Providing any risk related input to regulatory reporting, including attestation, as required, in relation to risk and capital related reporting.
- Participation in Board and management committees as appropriate.