- Shift system providing cover to the operations program
- A combination of office and remote on-call cover
- Friendly and challenging environment
- You will work a shift system providing cover to the operations program through a combination of office and remote on-call cover.
The Flight Dispatcher is responsible to the DGO for the following:
Ideal candidate’s profile:
- Preparing flight briefings in order to meet Company requirements, including the scheduling of training flights in all aspects.
- Improving and re-arranging accommodation and ground transportation for crews, as required, following any program changes.
- Ensuring the delivery of any information required before a flight including, and notifying aircrew of any potential hazard to safety.
- Putting together pre-flight documentation, Crew Briefs, airfield, customs and diplomatic clearances where required, applying for slots, provision of fuel, handling services, and hotel accommodation.
- Co-ordinating all signals relating to flight delay/re-routes to third-party service providers such as ground handlers, fuel suppliers, caterers and airport authorities.
- Maintaining a Watch Log, recording all incidents, actions, and communicating all relevant information to the flight program, whilst preparing a written, accurate Handover/Status Report for the oncoming shift.
- Working closely with Engineering on matters concerning the continued good service provided of the Company's fleet with specific regard to maintaining contract commitments and schedules.
- Screening of documents which are returned to the Company (Post-flight checks of documentation to ensure conformity with regulations) and drawing the attention of the DGO to any errors therein. Filing and retaining of all the appropriate documents for the periods indicated in the Operations Manual.
- Have a sound understanding of flight operations procedures to include flight time limitations;
- Trained & experienced in flight planning and dispatch;
- Computer literate;
- Fully conversant with spoken and written English;
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications;
- Highly motivated and flexible;
- Strong decision-making skills;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Well organised, with excellent time management;
- Ability to prioritise;
- Living in Malta or the right to work in the EU.