- Portfolio of outstanding clients across broad range of sectors
- Team leader and client-facing position
- Great work life balance & holistic benefits
International, vibrant, rapidly expanding, innovative group corporate service provider that delivers high value-added services and tailored solutions to a wide range of financial institutions, investment managers, corporations and individuals. Joining a dynamic and continuously changing International environment you will learn and develop alongside a team of more than 150 of the best professionals in the business. With an informal culture which encourages a healthy balance between hard work and good fun – we are proud to offer market-leading dedicated services. Job Description:
In this role the Senior Legal has a client-facing position combined with a team lead aspect whereby the focus is on training the team and providing them with high-level legal support. You will be reporting directly to Management and will be working closely with both legal and compliance departments. The Senior Legal will be responsible for managing all corporate and legal activities concerning a diverse key client portfolio and is expected to continuously develop both personally as well as professionally and deliver added value to the legal department and future growth of the office. Benefits:
- Great salary conditions & holiday allowance
- Private Health Insurance
- Good work life balance
- Stable and successful company
- International team (10 offices worldwide)
- Academy & Training
- Global mobility opportunities
- Summer BBQs & winter social events and sports activities
- Responsibility for overall legal and corporate management of key client companies and ensuring (legal) compliance of documentation and processes.
- Act as team lead of the in-house legal account managers which includes the provision of training, provision of high-level legal advice and coordination of external advisors.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the internal database of legal ‘draft’ documents.
- Responsible for maintaining a good standard of corporate governance within the Malta office, ensuring any legal, AML/Compliance and statutory requirements are followed by working closely with the compliance department.
- Ensuring that appropriate processes and procedures are in place to comply with regulatory requirements in accordance with Group standards.
- Attendance and participation at client meetings, either on or off site. This may occasionally require international travel.
- Keep track of new legal and fiscal developments and anticipate changes in legislation and translate this into business opportunities.
- Recording all time spent on client matters.
- Ensuring that statutory deadlines are met.
- University Degree in Law.
- Experience within Maltese Corporate Law.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant professional experience in a commercial/company law background.
- To be self-motivated and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Fluent in English (both orally and in writing).
- Personal credibility, integrity and high moral standards.
- Quality focused, business-minded with ability to deliver excellent service to our clients