Would you like to be part of the next centre of excellence for trust and probate?
- Ideally STEP qualified or studying towards a professional qualification
- Experience in preparing trust accounts and trust tax
- You like being there for your Private Client and providing an excellent service.
- Supervising others comes easily and your attention to detail, compliance and Tax knowledge is spotless.
- You are not looking just for a new role; you are looking for a challenging role.
- A challenging role, with challenging estates and trust structures.
With a rich history of mergers, acquisitions, and organic growth, this company has become a well- respected, award-winning leader in the UK.
The role is based in their Cheltenham office, reporting directly to the Senior Trust Manager and the Senior Partner. Responsibilities
- Managing your own caseload, client relationships and engaging with all those that may be involved with any given matter, including trustees, beneficiaries and other advisers.
- Pro-actively managing your clients to ensure any tax-planning and/or succession planning issues are considered and acted upon when appropriate.
- Overseeing and contributing towards the timely preparation of trust accounts and tax returns.
- Calculating trustees’ liabilities to IHT, CGT and Income Tax and making use of annual exemptions.
- Preparing for and attending trustees’ meetings and taking minutes of those meetings.
- Dealing with distributions from trusts, both capital and discretionary income distributions.
- Activating investment reviews.
- Monitoring the performance of investment portfolios.
- Preparing and reviewing trustees’ investment policy statements.
- Reviewing and interpreting trust deeds and related documentation with input from the wider team, as appropriate.
- Highly motivated individual who will be able to deal effectively with conflicting requirements
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Experience in preparing accounts and tax returns is essential
- Excellent telephone and letter writing skills, with the ability to draft basic documents.
- Experience in preparing Inheritance Tax forms is useful but not essential as training will be given
- Pro-active team player
- Computer literate: it would be beneficial to have knowledge of the specialist computer packages mentioned ie Troika, Digita and Excel but not essential as in house (and possibly external) training can be given
- High level of numerical skills
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise
- Good problem solving skills
- High degree of accuracy/attention to detail
- Able to work on own initiative with a high attention to detail
25 days holiday, health and life insurance, bonuses these are the usual benefits you get from most companies
So, what makes this company different?
Real opportunities to grow within the company, personalised training (support obtaining a professional qualification) and international opportunities.
You are not just starting a new role, you are starting a new journey towards excellence.