- Minimum 3 years experience in IT Adminsitrator
- Linux Server Administration experience
- Excellent communication skills
Are you an experienced technology professional with excellent communication skills? Are you passionate about your craft, always working on improving yourself and challenging the status quo?
What will you get up to day to day?
- Developing the system architecture, maximising efficiency, security and availability.
- Achieving a high degree of system availability and performance.
- Identifying bottlenecks, suggesting and implementing improvements.
- Choosing, deploying and managing tools and technologies to build and support highly
available and fault-tolerant environments.
- Ensuring that all necessary monitoring, alerting and backup solutions are in place.
- Driving DevOps culture, reducing the time to market and promoting the use of modern
- Living and breathing security and preaching the best practices.
- Coming up with initiatives that bring value to the business.
- Aiding in compliance efforts.
- Supporting the business in outages, emergencies and quick reactions to market conditions.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in IT administration
- Linux server administration
- Cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, Digital Ocean, Rackspace)
- Open-source technologies (e.g. Openstack)
- Automation and orchestration technologies, such as Ansible, Salt Stack, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform
- Scripting (e.g. Bash and Python)
Nice to have:
- Practical eperience in using and administering Kafka, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis
- A degree in Computer Science or technical certifications will be considered an asset