- Lead the hiring, training, and support of AP staff members
- A University degree in accountancy or equivalent/ACCA completed is a must
- Flexibility offered
The Manager will be responsible for forming a new accounts payable (AP) function within the European finance team. The Manager will ensure that the AP function operates smoothly, produces accurate and complete output while complying with the internal policies and procedures.
The role involves setting up and documenting of the said new policies and procedures. He/she will also liaise with the AP function and external parties but will also be communicating with other group regional finance teams. He/she will report to the Finance Manager locally. Responsibilities:
- Overseeing routine function activities to ensure that they are completed accurately and in a timely manner;
- Sustaining accurate and complete general ledger and AP records;
- Managing the monthly closing of financial records and posting of month-end information;
- Compiling, analysing, and reporting financial information to management;
- Developing, implementing and documenting policies and procedures and department controls to increase accuracy and efficiency;
- Hiring, training, motivating and evaluating AP staff members;
- Setting and facilitating the achievement of department objectives;
- Building and maintaining relationships with employees and related third parties;
- Any other ad hoc tasks as requested from time to time by management.
- A University degree in accountancy or equivalent/ACCA completed;
- A general flair towards IT;
- An ability to work to and meet agreed on deadlines;
- Good planning, organisational and problem-solving skills/can-do attitude;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact with both internal and external parties;
- Competence in Excel and accounting packages;
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role will be considered an asset.