Qualified Accountant?Keen to work with a fast-paced dynamic firm?
- Shared ownership culture
- Big enough to ensure career progression, small enough to care
- Entrepreneurial dynamic firm
If you are self-motivated and keen to take on the responsibility of bookkeeping and preparation of financial statements for institutional clients, read on...
Being based in Jersey, you will have a clear understanding of UK GAAP and IFRS and are able to communicate with colleagues, clients, and third parties.
You want to join a firm where you can feel part of something where you are recognised, yet not so small that there is no career progression.
How does a mid-sized global firm sound of around 750 people located throughout the world?
The below will give you a good overview of the role:
- Bookkeeping and preparation of management reports (management accounts, interest calculations, NAV statements etc.) and annual financial statements mainly under UK GAAP and IFRS for Institutional Clients comprising of Corporate and some Funds structures;
- Review of internally and externally prepared accounts;
- Preparation/ review of ad hoc reports such as cash flow forecasts and budgets;
- Prepare complex VAT returns for clients and ensuring timely submission;
- Preparation of bank covenant reports;
- Manage client relationships, providing quality and responsive service to clients;
- Liaise with third parties such as property managers, client representatives, auditors and reviewing their reports;
- Ensuring that all tasks, reconciliations etc. are completed in a timely manner ensuring that all internal and external regulatory & statutory deadlines are achieved;
- Prepare accounting files for audits, coordinate and manage the audit process to ensure completion within the agreed timetable and costs;
- Assist the Administration team with accounting related queries;
- Be able to provide sound, quality and technical guidance to other team members and to clients;
- Monitor WIP against agreed budgets and report variances to the line-manager;
- Adhere to Risk & Associated Compliance procedures in relation to regulatory requirements and AML legislation.
- Adhere to CPD requirements in accordance with qualification level in-house procedures.
If this sounds interesting or you're curious, apply today with your cv and a phone call will be scheduled to discuss further.