What will you be doing?
As a Senior Backend Developer, you will be working on the in-house projects: designing features, writing code, performing code reviews, solving problems, tracking down bugs and delivering stable and well written solutions. There is a high demand for new products and features, which we all work with passion as a team to balance with proper maintenance for the legacy code while we work on new projects. This requires the developers to be versatile, display ownership qualities and be enthusiastic about taking on technical challenges and problems across the stack as they continue to build the platform.
The backend is powered by a LEMP stack, GraphQL and we rely on Vue.js for the frontend. Other technologies we work with are LXC, Redis, Cassandra, ElasticSearch and Hadoop to mention a few. We are inherently a curious team and are always on the lookout for new technologies which could potentially be incorporated in their stack.
- Design and develop new Backend features
- Perform functional requirements analysis
- Propose and own architectural solutions across multiple projects
- Write high quality code and documentation
- Maintain and improve code in multiple projects including legacy code
- Work closely with other developers, QA and the product team
- Apply analytical skills and be committed to quality
- Help track requests, issues, work progress and any other changes using the project management tools
- Provide estimates and technical documentation on request
- Be sensitive to the performance, reliability and maintainability of their code
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Work in collaboration with external partners when required
- Be responsible for the optimal maintenance of the development and test environments
- Manage their code changes using the version control system
- Coach and mentor other Backend developers
- Perform code reviews
Who are you?
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in a comparable software development role, and you master PHP as programming language
- Proven Laravel experience would be considered as an advantage
- Good knowledge on REST or GraphQL web services
- Aware of the challenges which come with working on scalable and high-performant applications
- Proficiency with development in Linux environments
- Ability to proficiently document and write test cases
- Structured, good attention to detail and thorough
- You can work with minimal supervision
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English