- Career opportunities
- Great Benefits
- Market leader
FRONT END SOFTWARE ENGINEER – MALTA
We are looking for a Frontend Software Engineer to join our client's expanding team. Operating from the Malta office, having strong technical skills with an unbending desire to make things right, the candidate will be developing in relations to our client's gaming platform which drives dozens of gaming websites and provides sports events to hundreds of thousands of players worldwide.
CANDIDATE MAIN TASKS WILL INCLUDE:
• Write well designed, maintainable, and testable code and integrate software components in relation to our in-house gaming platform.
• Prepares documentation as required such as release notes, comments and systems architecture.
• Exercises discretion and independent judgment in the design and implementation of software applications.
• Assures highest attainable level of system control and performance capabilities.
• Unit test any code produced and handle the change management cycle until the new code is released to the production environment.
• Participate actively in code reviews within the team.
• Manage multiple priorities with excellent follow-through to meet deadlines.
• Carry out meetings and actively correspond with the team and stakeholders to clearly define and document requirements, accurately determine effort in terms of time and resources.
• Suggest improvements that could improve operational efficiencies and guide users whenever requirements do not meet security, quality or performance standards. • Contribute to the continuous learning of the team to ensure improvement and increased efficiency.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or equivalent qualification.
• 3+ years of development experience in Front-end technologies. • Strong grasp of Object-Oriented Programming and SOLID concepts.
• Strong experience in ES6 and, React or Vue libraries.
• Strong understanding of source code version control systems with GIT experience.
• Experience in Unit and Continuous Integration testing
• Experience in Webpack
• Experience in building scalable web applications
• Experience in REST services
• Experience with Agile (Scrum, or Kanban) Development.
• Experience in working with Jira and Confluence.
• Experience with automated and manual refactoring.
• Experience in Microservices, Docker, and SQL knowledge would be an asset.
• Knowledge of Microsoft or Linux based technologies with shell skills will be an asset.
• Ability to solve problems, think logically, take initiative and learn quickly in a fastpaced environment
• Great agile and team-player skills. Collaboration is a must.
• Passionate about staying on top of current trends and best practices in software development.
• Good reading and written communication skills in the English language – all code and documentation are written in English.