- Ideally AAT Qualified or early stages of ACCA
- Good Analytical skills
- Great attention to detail
A leading shipping company based in over 23 countries is looking for a talented junior accountant to work in their Malta office. Arkas is a company that has been in existence since 1902 and currently operates in many different fields, including, agency services, ship operations, port operations, logistics services that integrate sea, land, rail and air transportation as main fields and bunkering, automotive, insurance services, information systems and tourism.
Arkas Holding currently operates in 23 countries with 61 offices, 14 of which are located in Turkey. Among these counties are Greece, Italy, France, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Egypt, Lebanon, Libya, Bulgaria, Romania, Ukraine, Russia, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, China, Ghana and Nigeria. Arkas, in its 66 subsidiaries around the world, provides employment for 7300 people.
1. File and archives accounting records timely and accurately as required by legal provisions and the Management.
2. Keeps accounting records for banking transactions and enters all records into the system.
3. Issues, checks and registers invoices to the system and conducts the necessary procedures to deliver invoices to relevant parties.
4. Keeps track of signature circulars and contracts and personnel files up to date.
5. Makes the balance of accounts and monthly salary payments.
Required Knowledge, skills and Experience:
1. Comfortable with working in a fast-changing environment
2. Good Analytical skills
3. Fluency in written and spoken English
4. Great attention to detail
5. Ideally AAT Qualified or early stages of ACCA
The successful candidate will also be involved in small part of the crew management issues like salary payment and contracts but it is not expected to engage in crew recruitment, health insurance, visa procedure, travel organization.