- Lead a team of cyber security officers
- Company has an impeccable reputation & will be a gleaming entry to your CV
- Excellent company benefits
The selected candidate will undertake duties in relation to cyber security and technology disaster recovery planning. The job involves direct interaction with the Technical team and designated business users. Duties include:
- Leading a team of cyber security officers;
- Formulating and maintaining system security plans, information security policies, procedures and guidelines;
- Analysing systems, reviewing security architectures and proposing information security solutions;
- Performing assessment and security compliance checks including vulnerability assessments;
- Assessing security events and logs via sophisticated cyber security and event management tools;
- Ensuring that network defence, identification, authentication, access control and data protection mechanisms are in line with security best practices;
- Participating in security risk assessments and recommend mitigations and countermeasures to address risks, vulnerabilities and threats;
- Participating in the development of IT disaster recovery plans and assist in business continuity provisions;
- Delivering information security training, awareness, and provide ongoing guidance to users.
Do you have a solid academic background in ICT but well versed in cyber security and disaster recovery planning?
The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level. A post-graduate degree in Cyber Security and/or industry certifications are considered an asset.
You will also possess a minimum of five (5) years working experience in the technology of which at least three years in cyber security, with a proven track record of developing information security policies. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.
If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least ten (10) years of relevant experience, we would still be interested in speaking with you.